Search the forum,

Discuss !!! Help !!! - Installing Wickes Low Profile Shower Tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lozoid

Hey All,

I'm currently doing a DIY bathroom refit. Can anyone help with this one.

Bought a shower tray from ebay. Its a brand new Wickes 27mm ultra low profile 900x900 quad (plastic type not stone), B&Q do an identical model described as Cascata 900x900 ultra low tray. Need a low tray due to ceiling height in small bathroom.

Thought I'd got a bargin until I realised the hole for the waste/trap seems to be non standard. Its around 170mm diameter with a further lipped section around 200mm diameter. Anyway both Wickes and B&Q can't or won't supply the correct waste as a seperate item, neither will the distributors of the trays. I've found that a wet room style trapped gullie will fit the hole correctly but these seem to be designed for tiled/sheet floors rather than trays. McAlpine do a vast range of these but unsure of exactly what to go for, also can't work out how to seal between the tray and the flange on the gullie.

So before I scrap the tray and buy another can anyone offer any advice. Has anyone installed one of these ultra low profile trays with this type of waste/tray?

Thanks in advance

Loz

Last edited by a moderator:
some times when we try to get thing cheap cheap cheap cheap this is the outcome ! I am sorry to hear your experience with this but you have no other way but try your local plumbing shop who can possibly help you out !

I'm not suggesting you do this, but I know someone in the same situation and they bought another tray from bnq and when it was carefully unpacked the waste fell out so they took it back for a refund 'cos parts missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to !!! Help !!! - Installing Wickes Low Profile Shower Tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am looking to install a Mira flight shower tray 760 by 760. I would have like to have removed the existing floorboards and installed battens and 18mm ply level with the joists. However, there is a stud wall running parallel to the joists sitting on top of the floorboards preventing me from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would welcome your thoughts on this. I'm installing a low level shower tray, over a timber floor. Cast iron soil stack only about a metre away. So far so good. The problem is that the existing 1 1/2 copper connection into the stack (previously serving bath) enters the stack at a low...
Replies
Views
I have bought a shower tray and it has an extra large hole for the waste trap. Its a cooke and lewis think its an eclips 1400 x 900 tray. The hole is 160mm and has a lip around it for the cap at 200mm. Cant seem to find one in the correct size, hope someone can help.
Replies
Views
I'm looking to replace a shower tray that has cracked & is popping all over the place (guess previous owners had a bodge installation done). It is one of those low profile trays with the waste in the middle in a downstairs bathroom & is tiled around it. I'm looking at the Mira flight trays but...
Replies
Views
Although not really my line of work, I have a full bathroom refurb to do where the bath with overhead shower is to be replaced with a low-level shower and I'm a bit worried about potential issues with the existing low flow-rate of wastewater which puddles for short periods by about 3cm in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock