Discuss Help in becoming a plumber in bristol in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikeyb

Hi ive just started doing a plumbing course and even though im understanding well want to do some work with a plumber and gain alot more knowledge and experience or if someone has some books they no longer require and would like to pass on i would be most grateful as im so determined to make this new career path work as ive wanted to get into plumbing for years and have only decided to take the leap in to a new career now so hope someone can really help.

U can do alot of online stuff on pegler website regards to heating and stuff. Also a good little cd Tom to buy is the tech cert level 2 revision guide. It's available on learnatrade.co.uk

good luck mate, i passed the city & guilds level 2 (6129) in bristol back in october, I had really good results in all assessments and exams (49 out of 50 in the final goal) and I got a glowing reference from my tutor but I am still at home looking for work in the trade.
I have also been looking to become a plumber for a few years and I am determined to become a plumber but its much easier to say it than to do it :(
I have been getting the odd little private job (a few bathrooms etc) and I have now got enough tools to go out on my own, pretty daunting but i'm thinking its the only way into the trade.
Hope you have better luck than i'm having.

cheers mate im looking at going off on my own once qualified its just the help to get through this just a couple of days or a day a week for free is enough ive got some work already lined up spending 6hrs everynight studying

My advice would be to not even bother has to be the worst of all the trades .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help in becoming a plumber in bristol in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock