Discuss Help! Does this look right? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that all this work is notifiable to building control in which case make sure that you have a retention subject to acceptance, in other words if it don't pass you don't pay, I'm quietly confident that your builder will be amicable :eek:)

id get it changes asap, id even offer to pay extra, better to get it done proper and be a bit out of pocket than to try to get it put right later and/or be left with that mess. its not supported properly for a start, the vent is not above the window, the whole thing looks like a gust of wind will knock it over. Could they not fit an internal AAV/Dergo valve and run it down internally joining up at a more convenient place? or totally change the vent position so you run pipe internal and come through roof once? surely theres a better option

Does frozen poo go white? I'm just wondering if we have another winter like last year, how's the garbage going to reach the downpipe without freezing first? I'm also wondering if the fall is correct (9mm per metre if memory serves correctly).

Cracking photos - worthy of a YouTube video!!!

Hope you get it sorted quickly and easily.

Does frozen poo go white? I'm just wondering if we have another winter like last year, how's the garbage going to reach the downpipe without freezing first? I'm also wondering if the fall is correct (9mm per metre if memory serves correctly).

Cracking photos - worthy of a YouTube video!!!
perhaps the poles have been in, looking at the waste pipe going into the strap boss it appears to be running up hill
Hope you get it sorted quickly and easily.
perhaps the poles have been in,looking at the waste in the loft were it gos into the strap boss it appears to be running up hill:confused:

theres a house 2 doors down from me whos loft conversion looks a bit like this, but worse, what goes through builders/plumbers heads when they think they can get away with it is crazy, i think youre well within your rights to get it changed.

and the length of the 40mm????? hope you dont get a good flow rate from your new combi, youll be having a foot bath when you have a shower.

I would say run the top of the vent as suggested by tamz, and route the soil pipe from the loft downstairs at a suitable point to exit and join the stack and then box in as you said.

The plumber should do this for free really - and there is no way he would be able to seal the hole the soil pipe has made in the roof tiles apart from a horrid bodge job (a 20 pack of plumbers mait no doubt!)

get it sorted and let us know - we like to know the end of the story and so few people bother to post to tell us how they got things sorted!

Good luck.

All, thanks for the comments so far, they've really helped me. So where am I today? Had a pretty good conversation with the builder today. Not impressed with what his plumber has done and completely understand why I am concerned and doesnt think will pass inspection. He still expected to route out through the roof which I've said no to and proposed either cut diagonally down through the wall (some invasion into bathroom or back bedroom and box in) or alternatively run the length of the house and exit through back wall - the sewer is actually at the back of the house.
Not sure which of these will be best option - more interested in getting it done right than quickly.
Am actually thinking that as we want to build an extension onto the side of the house we will end up changing all the soil pipe arrangement

Thanks for your help so far and will keep you informed how all this pans out.

Did you ask about Gas Safe cards? I know it's slightly off topic but you did say this guy moved your boiler too, And if that's what he's done with waste pipes.............

Did you ask about Gas Safe cards? I know it's slightly off topic but you did say this guy moved your boiler too, And if that's what he's done with waste pipes.............

I checked the gas safe website and yes he is registered - do I need to see his card too?

125 boiler (1500 x 2000).jpg

Ok so the plumber is gas safe registered but any comments on the boiler work he did?
It seems to work ok, house is warmer, hot water is ok although takes a few minutes to reach the shower which has lower pressure as no longer a power shower.

yep, gotta agree with gas man, looks pretty neat from here. I would ask if you were given a Benchmark cert though, for your warranty, I think Worcester Bosch insist on them now!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! Does this look right? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back