Discuss Help! Bristan shower cartridge , cant turn off cold water from shower in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

You won’t do it with a spanner sorry to say you will need grips something you can pinch down on the cartridge and wiggle and pull but the cartridge doesn’t have any effect on the dripping these are the top items either side eg my link ref 1 and 2 these stop it dripping / running from the shower head
what sort of grips? , i can buy tomorrow but i have some pliers ?? shall i just pull it out gripping threaded part? if i can... .... if i replace the cartridge will it stop the dripping/ water running out (more than dripping now) when i turn on shower !, unless i turn water off , but need on for other people

what sort of grips? , i can buy tomorrow but i have some pliers ?? shall i just pull it out gripping threaded part? if i can... .... if i replace the cartridge will it stop the dripping/ water running out (more than dripping now) when i turn on shower !, unless i turn water off , but need on for other people
this valve is plastic but yours wasnt no idea why

No that’s the temperature side the left and right ones stop the flow

No as that just adjusts the temperature

Tbh it looks like you will need to get a new shower fitted
there was nothing wrong with it before!, it only started dripping after Thames Water dug up the road and installed meters ! I was left with two dripping showers ! now this carry on... because Bristan sent wrong instructions and sent me off on wild goose chase " oh you can just clean it taking out cartridge and by soaking in water and vinegar ..." Need a large drink and lie down!

there was nothing wrong with it before!, it only started dripping after Thames Water dug up the road and installed meters ! I was left with two dripping showers ! now this carry on... because Bristan sent wrong instructions and sent me off on wild goose chase " oh you can just clean it taking out cartridge and by soaking in water and vinegar ..." Need a large drink and lie down!

Yep common for them to get grit / other things in your water main when working on it which f ups ball valves and showers

it looks like plastic to me on outside

If you look the part numbers of the thermostatic cartridge are the same so bristan just cheaped out and used plastic towards the end of life of the shower as most parts are discontinued

as this is very similar do you think I could try a box spanner as in vid ?
i think builder who installed shower must have kept tool to remove the pistons as I don’t have this either

Reply to Help! Bristan shower cartridge , cant turn off cold water from shower in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but...
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head...
Replies
Views
I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor. My problem is...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc)...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock