Discuss HELP , boiler trips house electricity when turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sam423

SIME OIL BOILER 1992
DE DIETRICH BURNER 2002

When my boiler is turned on it trips out the whole house electricity supply.
i can turn down thermostat on the boiler and turn on the boiler so the light is lit up but when i turn up the stat it trips out.
i have changed the fuel control box on the burner but still same problem.
funny thing is that when i unplug everything on the burner except the fuel control box it still happens, so it cant be the solenoid/transformer/coil etc as they are all unplugged
that only leaves the boiler itself but theres only 3 simple controls on it like on/off switch,reset button and thermostat.

when i turn it on via the programmer, the zone valve moves then pump comes on then boiler light comes on but turn that stat up and lights out

Any ideas anyone??

Also if i cant fix it , is it a straight swap for another burner of a different model if the power outputs are similar or will i need to make any adjustments like airflow etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG , WHY IS EVERYONE SO TOUCHY ON HERE??? is it that time of the month or what?:cheesy:

AGAIN I am not trying to fix it myself
AGAIN circ pump and valves fine
AGAIN have been eliminating with my engineer
AND is there a rule against uk citizens who live in spain to not be members on here? not looking to employ any of you guys anyway , just after a bit of your advice like you do on forums, its not a job center.
It gets a bit clicky on here doesnt it? and not a nice atmosphere for new members.

Thankyou again to the guys i thanked, MY ENGINEER is going to stick in the 2nd hand burner, will let you know what happens.ADIOS.

This ain't the first time I've wondered why I bother.

I don't pretend to know all the answers and I never said it was the pump. I was just asking whether ...

Oh never mind! My post was ignored in the first place :smile:

did you say something:), whats that? anyone there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Again I have isolated everything poss get ible except the new fuel box and it still trips
I would get a spark in and ohm out from the start check wot curve barker you got in hear all the way to the casing on the boiler and parts mate

Each braker has a curve type but can still have the same amp so so each one trips at a diffrent point in the curve EG 20amp type C curve or type B and so on. Google it if you want to know more or just go into a supplyers and ask and see if you put the right one in for start I have once or twice bin given the wrong type by newys and put it in and stuff trips out once it reaches the point

OMG , WHY IS EVERYONE SO TOUCHY ON HERE??? is it that time of the month or what?:cheesy:

AGAIN I am not trying to fix it myself.

your not trying to fix it yourself ? but you really are ! what you planning on doing finding the problem then callin an engineer to fix it ?

funny you should say that, the house tripped out today with nothing on but the fridge.

coz of the crisis here guys are graftin for peanuts, my sparky was only charging 6 euros an hour to re wire the house :shocked:. i thought he was trying to make a bit extra on a few items so i decided to get all the gear myself from ebay which was loads cheaper, been working fine for 8 months but one of the items was a mains breaker i think (i'm crap at electrical terms) its the 1st one in the box which is a quadruple switch which he bought but then he wanted 250 euros for the 'rcd' switch, as my house is on '3 phase' i didnt know if he was ripping me off so i got a 'RCD 4 Pole 40A 30mA' for £20 new which the seller said was fine for me.
whenever the boiler tripped it tripped the quad swith and never the 'rcd'
toadoy the same happened with nothing on but the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP , boiler trips house electricity when turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock