Search the forum,

Discuss help/advice needed please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swanny944

I have a bath tap with what I believe is called a "diverter" on for the shower - this is by way of a "plunger" that you raise & the water is diverted to the shower hose-however the plunger will not stay up - does this mean a complete dismantle of the tap & a new one fitted or can it be repaired "from above the bath" - thankyou

For the price you can pick them up for Id be inclined to just change the full tap, repairing it could be more time consuming than a replacement. Im not a fan of throwing things away all the time but hey ho

Replace the tap. Job done.

BOD's post was aimed at MK Heating. Don't worry about it.

For the price you can pick them up for Id be inclined to just change the full tap, repairing it could be more time consuming than a replacement. Im not a fan of throwing things away all the time but hey ho

thank you for your reply - the reason I wanted to know if a repair was possible is because it means stripping a lot of things out to get under the bath to fit a new tap - if no repair is possible I have a feeling that the tap will have to remain with diverter not working

It can be fixed from the top. Post a picture of it and i'll tell you how to get into it.

It can be fixed from the top. Post a picture of it and i'll tell you how to get into it.

hi tamz - thanks for the reply however for whatever the reason it won,t upload my pics,i,ve even tried reducing the size but still nothing - the only thing I can add is that it is a single pillar "ideal standard" bath tap

HI AGAIN TAMZ - I have just googled it & found a pic-looks identical but the lever is slightly different - it is "ideal standard B7890AA "hope you might be able to help - thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help/advice needed please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of a long, steep hill. We struggle with very high and often fluctuating (around 7 bar) water pressure, which wreaks havoc with our water heaters. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock