Discuss Hello in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

We just bought a house with 10mm microbore plumbing, old boiler, etc.
Have been reading through the knowledgeable posts whilst we consider our plumbing, heating and DHW options :smile5:

Regards
Craig

Welcome to the forum's Craig...where are you based..regards Turnpin:welcome:

What are your plans? Combi, new boiler or new boiler and new cylinder?

Hi Turnpin, we are in Cheshire.

Hi scott_d, not yet decided, thinking through the options and costs!

Initial thoughts are:
- New system or heat only boiler.
- New unvented main pressure cylinder.
- Possibly replace some / all of the rads.
- UFH for bathrooms (all 1st floor, suspended timber joists) and possibly kitchen (though still have rads in kitchen, as it is downstairs on concrete slab)
- Looking at pipework options, the concept of running each rad from a central manifold seems very interesting. I am aware that is probably a lot of work :smiley2:
- New controls, considering zoning or room thermostats with the manifold option.

At this stage really trying to understand all the options and pros / cons - no cost whilst doing it on paper. Also plan to go through the heat loss calculations and put together a detailed spec of requirements etc.

All questions and / or advice gratefully received.

Thanks
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
L
Hello so we have just recently remodeled and I cannot remember if we were experiencing this before in our bathroom upstairs but, there’s a strong...
Replies
Views
LeAnn Trigg
L
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
S
Hello, So we have a two year old boiler and have cleaned / flushed the system twice recently but not all radiators will heat at the same time...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock