Discuss Heatslave greenstar II 18/25 duel oil feed in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Thanks for reading. I just picked up a 2015 greenstar 2 heatslave 18/25 oil boiler to replace my relic from the 80's (still a greenstar bit not up to the flow requirements and it's not a condensing boiler so not efficient). Obviously a used item, it has 2 oil feeds. My current boiler only has 1.

My question is, can I convert it to a single feed? The feed I have is a 10mm and it's about 6m from the boiler and no more than 1.5m above the pump.

Again thanks for any help with this.

By two oil feeds, presume one is the supply and the other a return to the tank?.
My 18 year old Firebird with a Riello G5X burner came with a by pass screw taped to the front of the instruction manual because when supplied originally with the by pass screw (which I call a blank) installed in the oil return it was blowing the pump seals as it didn't allow the oil to recirculate internally back to the pump suction when boiler installed as a single pipe. Just ensure that one of these isn't installed in your pump oil return port, its ~ a 2mm allen head needle valve. (If installing as a single pipe)

This Danfoss unit looks similar to my Riello.
1679790295964.png

Attachments

• Riello G5X Internal By Pass PLUG Screw..jpg
    Riello G5X Internal By Pass PLUG Screw..jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Thanks bud, I'll have a look what the pump is. Do I just blank off the upper inlet?

Initially I did think it could be a return but then I was reading about the higher Kw boilers having 2 feeds if the pipework is below 6mm?

OK, just ensure that this plug isn't in the pump, what pump have you got?.
I have just had a sober look at the manual and it seems straight forward. Makes me wonder how much other stuff I have got wrong when beer has been involved 🤣

It's under a tarp in the garden at the min, I'm going to flush it out later today so I'll whip the cover off and look what pump it's got.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help. Especially for something that was in black and white in front of me 😬

OK, just ensure that this plug isn't in the pump, what pump have you got?.
The pump is a RBL and the pipes are marked up on there. It is a return feed. The manual also says it's fine to blank it off :) good news all round.

Now I need to find a supplier for the inlet connections as the places I have found so far are crazy money! Sadly not much care was taken when they have decommissioned it

Thanks again

If you are installing it as a one pipe then ensure that bypass is removed as it will have been left installed if it was piped up originally as a two pipe.

"Designed to allow working with one pipe or two pipe oil feed systems.
Dispatched units are normally factory set for single pipe systems at 8 Bar oil pressure, in order to obtain two pipes systems it is necessary to unscrew the return plug and insert the bypass screw supplied and then screw in the return hoses."

Reply to Heatslave greenstar II 18/25 duel oil feed in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heatslave II 25/32 water leak from PHE Inlet block. When DHW PRV fitting was removed a white flat seal/washer was found in 3 pieces. This seal is...
Replies
Views
Hi I have an oil worcester bosch greenstar heatslave ii combi boiler. It's about 5 years old. The problem I have is when the thermostat calls for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, (not sure if my last post worked so apologies if this is a duplicate). I have an Ideal Boiler (vogue max system 18) and a MegaFlo...
Replies
Views
Hi, first im gas safe registered so know a bit about wiring but my own boiler is giving me a head ache. Worcester greenstar heatslave 18 25 oil i...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock