Discuss Heatslave 20/25 surge in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

No it's got me beat all bearings nice and smooth fan is clear of cowling, I will have the filter off at the weekend plus fit a new burner nozzle, then get a combustion test re done. The only other thing I can think of is a baffle plate wobbling and it's carrying through the boiler chassis.

It seems strange that this is only since motor and pump replacement. Would usually indicate the problem lies there somewhere. Did you change pump coupling at same time? A blocked nozzle is not going to cause this problem, it will just not atomize fuel or have an aggressive start. Baffles tend to weld them selves in over time rather than become loose and rattle but it could happen, baffles do fall apart over time exposed to the high temperatures inside chamber and can fall down into chamber.

There was a new plastic pump coupler in the box that has been fitted, the old coupler he passed me and said put that somewhere safe you may need it one day. If an oil pump is sucking on a vacuum due to a clogged filter surely it's going to get noisy, that's my thinking.

Yes you are right there, the pump will whine if there is a restriction but like I said I'd be expecting other problems as well if that were the case

Yes and I suppose it would be more of a whine, not a lot more I can check really, could be something worked loose around the flue area, think I will take a look at the baffle plates at the weekend for any obvious rattles

If you had a restriction and fuel problem I'd be expecting burner lockout or stop and start. 30ft of oil line holds very little oil. Running a few litres off at burner into a container and seeing if theres a loss of flow at any time will show if theres a problem. Apart from that then all the obvious should be checked first.

So it's not from the pump as you originally thought but the combustion chamber. Is it a conventional flue and if so when was it last swept or flue draft tested? If the filter at tank hasn't been replaced in 7 years I expect the flue hasn't either

Reply to Heatslave 20/25 surge in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys and girls, the fan on my Heatslave 20/25 doesn't start, I've had look and cleaned fuel filters etc and everything that should be clean is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello!! I’ve got an old heatslave 20/25 running on kerosene. Came up with a lockout today. Tested everything I could. Symptoms, blower not...
Replies
Views
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to oil boilers. I have an older Worcester Heatslave 18/25 (13 years). I've been in this house for about a month...
Replies
Views
I have an HRM Wallstar 15/20 boiler that is cutting out once or twice a day. It has a bubble in the oil pump suction hose. I have replaced the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock