Discuss Heatslave 20/25 surge in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My Worcester 20/25 is producing an intermittent surging noise, I reckon it's a similar noise to when I have had air in the fuel line after fitting new fuel hose. Could this be fuel starvation noise from clogged fuel filter. I'm told the fuel filter at the tank has not been changed since install 7 years. Blower motor is brand new and so is fuel pump.

If you had a blocked strainer at tank or inline filter or pipe etc you would not have ignition. Using a vacuum gauge you can see if theres any restrictions before fiddling with pipe work but I assume you don't have one and from what you said I'm assuming the burner ignites and doesn't go to lockout.

Reply to Heatslave 20/25 surge in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys and girls, the fan on my Heatslave 20/25 doesn't start, I've had look and cleaned fuel filters etc and everything that should be clean is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello!! I’ve got an old heatslave 20/25 running on kerosene. Came up with a lockout today. Tested everything I could. Symptoms, blower not...
Replies
Views
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to oil boilers. I have an older Worcester Heatslave 18/25 (13 years). I've been in this house for about a month...
Replies
Views
I have an HRM Wallstar 15/20 boiler that is cutting out once or twice a day. It has a bubble in the oil pump suction hose. I have replaced the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock