Search the forum,

Discuss Heatline Capriz 25 combi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Went out to this one really late in the evening yesterday.

When the boiler is switched on for CH mode, it takes on average 3-4 minutes for it to actually start the process. Once started the flames fully rise and begin to gradually go down and cuts out. From the time it fires up and cutting out its maximum 5 seconds.

On Hw mode, it worked well, until this morning the customer has informed me its doing the same thing as CH mode.

No fault codes have been present before or current. The diverter valve is functioning OK.

According to service manual its pin pointing towards the Gas valve and/or PCB.

Any thoughts on this.?

Regards,

Hary

Appreciate that you have ruled out the diverter valve - but the symptoms you describe are not an uncommon fault.

The diverter valve and the associated gland is normally somewhere in the frame with Capriz problems. If the gland seeps it drips onto the pcb. That can impact the relays - but does not normally write off the pcb. I would be wary of throwing £200 of parts at it.

Last edited:
Appreciate that you have ruled out the diverter valve - but the symptoms you describe are not an uncommon fault.

The diverter valve and the associated gland is normally somewhere in the frame with Capriz problems. If the gland seeps it drips onto the pcb. That can impact the relays - but does not normally write off the pcb. I would be wary of throwing £200 of parts at it.
I just loaded a second hand pcb, unfortunately it wasn't that.

Hary J

Be wary of going too far with this. Heatline can be covered under the Valliant fixed price repair plan - whilst you have done your best to try to resolve it, Heatline are a bit like Volkera - they have a mind of their own and the MI’s are neither well written or ( in my experience ) comprehensive enough to properly fault find

Hary J

Be wary of going too far with this. Heatline can be covered under the Valliant fixed price repair plan - whilst you have done your best to try to resolve it, Heatline are a bit like Volkera - they have a mind of their own and the MI’s are neither well written or ( in my experience ) comprehensive enough to properly fault find

Thanks for that. Yes, I did ring their technical the first thing he tells me the model in question is too old for advice over the phone and I need to send an email, where another team will look into it further. What a bunch of idiots! I further told him I do need an imminent response not in 28 working days or something. Just like any other large business these days, are these people even bothered to help.

If I don't get a response by today, I've informed the landlord it needs to come out, as its got various little leaks in places as well. Just couldn't be asked replacing it this current moment of time 😞

Reply to Heatline Capriz 25 combi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock