Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Heatline C28 luke warm DH water only after fixing leak on diverter valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

zen

Hi due to a leak in diverter valve I bought a diverter valve kit and changed all the components after cleaning out the bloc. I also took off the heat exchanger whilst i was inside the boiler and gave it a complete descale.
when i reassembled everything i seemed to no longer have HOT water in the taps just LUKE warm
if i have heating on first the DHW does start off much hotter then becomes much cooler over time finishing as just luke warm

can't understand how replacing for new the diverter valve components would lose the Hot water where it was previously working fine

ANY HELP GRATEFULLY RECEIVED PLEASE (specific to this boiler would be ideal, or to any combi boiler also very useful)

many thanks for any help you can offer :)

Zen, are you a householder or a qualfied engineer ? This will help us to help you
centralheatking
Hi no Im not a qualified Gas Safe Engineer - I Build Houses for a living so can fix most things and install heating systems from new plus fix anything which is not relating to the gas side of a boiler

May I ask how you plan to test the installation after you have finished? Do you have the equipment to do so? Do you know how to? I know electrics, but I still use a spark. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Reply to Heatline C28 luke warm DH water only after fixing leak on diverter valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Heĺlo I have a water leak under bathroom floor tiles. It is on the hot water feed to the tap. I noticed the tiles leading to sink warm last few...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock