Discuss Heating overflowing from vent in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I don't know why it hasn't always been like this as nothing has changed so am tring to identify a fault that may not be there, what is involved with combined feed and vent?
Look up "Vent Pipe Blanked Off" in Search.

Attachments

• 20221012_112351.jpg
    20221012_112351.jpg
    699.6 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for your help so far, I've looked into this a bit now and water pours out of the vent onto the roof when the CH is on. I've turned the pump speed down to 1 and it still does it, I've sketched the layout and I don't think it's anything unusual (but i may be wrong) and I've attached a pic of the feed and vent, both in 22mm. I'm wondering if a blockage could be causing this and how you would begin to clean a vented system (I have flushed sealed systems many times) TIA (again).
20230531_115939.jpg
20230531_125834.jpg

It's essential correct but the vent should really be installed closer to the cold feed, or visa versa, the closer the better but no further than 150mm apart, but you can't beat the combined cold feed and vent IMO.

It's essential correct but the vent should really be installed closer to the cold feed, or visa versa, the closer the better but no further than 150mm apart, but you can't beat the combined cold feed and vent IMO.
Sorry for my ignorance, the feed from the CH header tank joins the return to the boiler in the same place (2 adjacent tees) as the vent out the roof joins the return to the boiler. These connections are maybe 2m from the boiler and 1m max from the pump. Where should they be and what pipework would change to make combined feed and vent?

Will reply in more detail tomorrow but the vent is on the flow from the boiler? The pump is pumping from the flowside of the boiler through the mot.valves?

Will reply in more detail tomorrow but the vent is on the flow from the boiler? The pump is pumping from the flowside of the boiler through the mot.valves?
Yes, based on the arrow of flow throught the pump the feed and vent are on the pipework from the boiler, to the pump and then through the motorised valves

Yes, based on the arrow of flow throught the pump the feed and vent are on the pipework from the boiler, to the pump and then through the motorised valves
OK, but from the boiler it should be Vent then Cold Feed then the Pump, (VCP), not cold feed ,vent, then pump.

To convert it cut the feed (on the horizontal) close to where it joins main line and cap it, maybe cut in the middle of the short horizontal section and cap it with a compression cap & olive and leave in case you need to reverse the mod, then at the F&E tank, T in the feed to the vent, like mine, below. You will obviously have to tie up the ball cock and partially drain down the system, when finished fill the system very slowly to avoid trapping any air or better again install a isolating gate or lever valve on the mains feed to the F&E tank, you can then use this to refill the system very slowly.

Or T it in like the one in post#11.

20221012_112351-jpg.83607

Attachments

• Combined Cold Feed & Vent. rev1.JPG
    Combined Cold Feed & Vent. rev1.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Reply to Heating overflowing from vent in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have...
Replies
Views
I am looking into a new Main eco compact / Baxi 618 system boiler set up for PDHW (if its possible) I was hoping to use the EPH controls priority...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having a problem with hw venting into the small header tank. This happens when it’s set to hw only or CH. I’ve tried lowering the water...
Replies
Views
My father has a parkray fire which has a back boiler . He had a leaky radiator, when he was attempting to fix leak the circulating pump...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock