Search the forum,

Discuss Heating/Boiler Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

Help please, i put my central heating on for the 1st time since winter just to test everything was okay. After a short time i noticed that the hot water from the DHW cylinder was very hot, hotter than the 60 degrees the cylinder thermostat is set too. Also noticed that the radiators were still hot (like a sauna in the house) even though the room thermostat downstairs was set to just 15 degrees. I turned the central heating off at the programmer but the radiators continued to be hot. I then turned off the hot water at the programmer but the boiler continued to run until i manually shut it down.

Any thoughts. I think i may have a programmer issue. The cylinder thermostat should have stopped the DHW getting above 60 degrees and the room thermostat should have shut down the central heating. It is though i have no boiler interlock ?

well first thing to look at is to see if your heating motorized valve is stuck in the open postion

hot water would have got hotter than normal as maybe hot water valve slightly by passing,when heating on

Puddle, thankyou. How do i check the position of the valve ?. I have had a look around the outside, there is a lever on the side casing, i think this lever is used to open the valve to the mid position when intially filling ?. Is this what i would check to work out the valve position ?

I take it you have two motorised valves ,one for heating and one for hot water,if this is the case ,then when everything is off when you pull lever across,you should feel resistance of the motor ,if you do not then the motor is stuck in open position causing problem

Puddle, thanks again for responding. I have a 3 port mid position vavle. It has a small lever on one side which i recall reading is pulled back to the mid position when the system is first filled.

Puddle, i have just tried to move the small lever on the side of the port and it is stuck in position, it will not travel the length of the groove that you can see, i take it this means the valve is stuck in the mid position ?

Puddle, have now cracked it, thanks for your input. New actuator head fitted and CH & DHW now back to normal.

Many thanks, Leoki

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating/Boiler Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock