Discuss Heat leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gixer

Hi guys ,
I am installing a wood burning stove 11kw(back boiler) and have installed a new twin coil cylinder so i can get hot water from the stove , as a heat leak i am proposing to fit a vertical radiator in the hall upstairs and was thinking of one of these [DLMURL="http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=20001&partNumber=837773&c_3=3%7Ccat_14290179%7CRadiators%7C14290186&c_2=2%7Ccat_16849264%7CRadiators%7C14290179&c_1=1%7Ccategory_root%7CHeating+and+Cooling%7C16849264"]Venezia Radiator - White - 1820 x 564mm from Homebase.co.uk[/DLMURL]

i have been told the rad needs to be without baffles for a heat leak , any thoughts or help much appreciated .

regards Gixer

Last edited by a moderator:
Might work but I would have thought it would be to restrictive to work on a gravity system. If it was me I would go for a column style radiator without baffles or a "normal" radiator, that way you know it will work.

Might work but I would have thought it would be to restrictive to work on a gravity system. If it was me I would go for a column style radiator without baffles or a "normal" radiator, that way you know it will work.

Many thanks Rob

Anyone know where i might get a column radiator without baffles , having trouble finding one of these .

many thanks gixer

Most of the column radiator manufactures will make on as a special order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back