Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Having a career as a plumber without NVQ level 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey are there many plumbers on here that are just qualified to NVQ level 2? Can you manage with just this qualification without doing level 3.

Hey are there many plumbers on here that are just qualified to NVQ level 2? Can you manage with just this qualification without doing level 3.

You can easily have a career as a self-employed or employed plumber with just level 2. I worked with plenty of guys who have been plumbing all their life and have no NVQ at all. Your work will speak for itself, although its alot harder to convince employers if you arent qualified..

Thanks, is just work is wanting to put my through my gas, I was pushing to do it through the NVQ level 3. However it looks like I will be going to Leeds college of building on a 4-6 week course.

I must admit after seeing a gas safe inspector visit site a few weeks back. He did kind of put the worries up me with regards to doing the gas course

If you feel competent there is little point of spending your time and money, because unfortunatelly gas and water regs are very relaxed as to who can carry out work and even more relaxed about enforcing those rules.

There strict on gas though.
Not when doing domestic jobs. Recently heard of a whole company registering boilers under ex-employees gas safe name and number for two years.
The only thing they are strict on is fees taxes!

What a level 3 will mainly give you is more technical knowledge and a slight advantage over somebody without it in an interview especially if the job is more technical based. In the real world on the tools it won't increase your wage or stature. The biggest thing in any trade is experience and most employers will value this above any paperwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Having a career as a plumber without NVQ level 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock