Search the forum,

Discuss Have you ever had to make a PLI claim? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
If so, how did it go?

I've been with Tradesman Saver for about 3 years now and although the price is cheap I feel even the small print is a bit vague. We know insurance firms are thieves and con merchants and try to catch us out every which way so I'm just asking if anyone's had dealings with their PLI provider; what if any tricks did they pull out their backsides as an excuse not to pay up? Good stories are welcome too as I wouldn't mind spending a little extra for peace of mind if anyone can share their happy stories too.

I don't have a claim pending or anything, I just think Tradesman Saver is too good to be true.

Note: It's all very well people raving about obtaining cheap cover but it's when the time actually comes to make a claim which really matters.

Last edited:
Never made a claim touch wood, but I think most are all the same. try not to payout.
Like you say its all in the small print and the excess just make sure you put all your details in correctly.
A guy at the plumbing merchants got stung, couldn't prove his years no claims. and his date of birth was incorrect on the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Have you ever had to make a PLI claim? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, before I start I appreciate I may be on a hiding to nothing here but here goes. I spent time working as a tradesman with my Dad back when I was 16 but lacked the foresight to see it through, and ended up working in IT for the last 15 years. However, I've got to a point where I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a little advice and validation of current advice (from dad). So boiler has been loosing pressure with an error code of E119. The pressure drops over a day or two and I top it up to around 1.5 by means of loop. This temporarily allows the boiler to fire up and do its thing. I can't carry...
Replies
Views
Good day everyone, I'm coming to this forum in the hope that the collective minds can help me. The story is long, depressing and complex so I'll try to condense the issues for you all, and hopefully you can steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for reading the below tale... We...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are experiencing some problems with both our Showers in our home. We have two Showers - in the upstairs bathroom & in a wet room downstairs. They are both connected to a Worcester Bosch 35Cdi Combi Boiler (older version) which gets regularly serviced every year. In our upstairs...
Replies
Views
C
Hi Guys Hoping someone can help. Apologies in advance for the long email, and if I have posted in the wrong place. I rented out my 2 bed bungalow when I moved abroad 2 years ago. The current tenant has just left and I have appointed a new letting agent. The agent got one of their contractors...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock