Search the forum,

Discuss Have worcester spares jumped up in price? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Following on from the debate about giving customers to worcester for fixed price repairs.

Have they upped their parts costs quite dramatically recently?

I know I stopped working for myself for a bit so didnt take notice of the spares prices but now the prices seem to have jumped dramatically and repairs have become more expensive.

Not by much they did increase earlier in the year 5%

Seems more than that but must be me imagining it.

I always thought worcester parts were cheaper than baxi but now they seem to of turned around.

But Worcester parts include washers / seals baxi are extra

But Worcester parts include washers / seals baxi are extra

That is true but worcester prvs were always cheaper with the o rings etc. Now it seems baxi are cheaper.

I was just shocked that's all at what I've been quoted for a couple of parts and been thinking about what I was charging.

The worcester fixed price call out is around £320? And i know 2 years ago i was changing prv and expansion vessel for under that with allowing 4 hours to take the boiler off the wall etc.

I quoted one last week just over £400 my labour charge has gone up by £25 for that job but materials seem to have gone up loads.

I will have to look into it later on when I get home.

The worcester fixed price call out is around £320? And i know 2 years ago i was changing prv and expansion vessel for under that with allowing 4 hours to take the boiler off the wall etc.

Maybe this is what they want? More fixed price repairs, means more money for WB?

I went on Mira’s website the other day, and they are now doing a fixed price for shower installs.

What’s your parts cost net ?

They are changing that. But it will take time. Anything from ecoblue onwards should come with with washers etc.

:D they keep saying that but had a part manufacturered March still no extras

200 series plate

Reply to Have worcester spares jumped up in price? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
D
hi everyone a local installer has recently quoted me £3,660 for a complete install using the main eco compact 25kw boiler i have also been waiting for more feedback and reviews of the new worcester bosch 1000 which seems to be getting quite positive initial feedback, and a few criticisms which...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock