Discuss Gurgling and air in central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Presume there was no noise before with DHW on?. Can you shut down the boiler and just open the same "hot" tap the same amount and see if noise is gone, this may at least prove that the noise is from the primary side.

Shut off both CH & HW (or switch off the boiler completely) and open the hot tap, this will just run cold water (now) through the combi and see if noise is gone.

Shut off both CH & HW (or switch off the boiler completely) and open the hot tap, this will just run cold water (now) through the combi and see if noise is gone.

@John.g sorry for the delay.

I ran the hot water with everything on. There was the whistling noise.

While the water was running, I switched the boiler off entirely. The whistling sound was still there.

What does this mean?

If you were still running the cold water through the combi (hot water tap open) tht em the whistling is caused by this and not the primary water (dirty water).
So don't really know what it means in the context of air in your rads etc.

Can't post on my Windows10 laptop for some reason or other.

If you were still running the cold water through the combi (hot water tap open) tht em the whistling is caused by this and not the primary water (dirty water).

Have you blanked off that leaking non return valve.

Also just to be sure (again) did you say that with the boiler (&circ pump) ON that you are getting water out of all the rad vents apart from towel rail which emits air initially, does the towel rail also emit water eventually with the boiler/circ pump on?.

Have you blanked off that leaking non return valve.

Also just to be sure (again) did you say that with the boiler (&circ pump) ON that you are getting water out of all the rad vents apart from towel rail which emits air initially, does the towel rail also emit water eventually with the boiler/circ pump on?.

@John.g I got a new filling loop and attached one of the isolation switches like this:

IMG_9070.jpg

When I removed the old filling loop it still had some water in despite not being used for weeks (if not months).

I then switched on the CH system and went round all 9 rads in the house.

Every rad bled water apart from two. The rad in my son's room bled a little air, then water. The towel rail in the bathroom bled quite a bit of air (as usual) and then bled water.

Can shut off that towel rad "permanently" for a few days and see does the air appear somewhere else and if noise subsides?.

I can but we had the same problem before this towel rail was installed. The air just appeared in one of the top floor rads.

I haven’t heard the gurgling for a while now. Just air.

Reply to Gurgling and air in central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Boiler is making a gurgling sound and keeps short cycling. I believe there is air in the the system and I've already bled all the radiators. This...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock