Discuss Gurgling and air in central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Now remove it completely and if its still dribbling from the hose then that's your problem.

I don't think it's leaking from the hose but the NRV appears to be leaking:

1634908675094.png

I watched it and I can see the water filling up and then leaking.

Could this be the issue?

I would't have thought so as difficult to see how this would pull in air so as one would expect the pressure to slowly decay with time, just leave the hose disconnected and see what happens to the pressure.

Last edited:
I would't have thought so as difficult to see how this would pull in air so as one would expect the pressure to slowly decay with time, just leave the hose disconnected and see what happens to the pressure.

So filling loop has been off since about 1400 (5 hours or so).

Pressure was at 2.5 a while ago. I heard some bubbling sound in bathroom rad. So bled rad again - few seconds of air - and now pressure is 2.4.

Still confused why the pressure drops when the pump comes on…

The expansion vessel is normally teed into the pump suction so will rise by the generated pump head when it starts so if connected to the pump discharge will fall but when when off should return to the original pressure if water temp doesn't change,
Can you bring on the hot water very briefly say for 10 secs and then switch off and see if pressure returns to its original.

The expansion vessel is normally teed into the pump suction so will rise by the generated pump head when it starts so if connected to the pump discharge will fall but when when off should return to the original pressure if water temp doesn't change,
Can you bring on the hot water very briefly say for 10 secs and then switch off and see if pressure returns to its original.
Ok. Pressure drops slightly when hot water comes on.

I waited about 30seconds and then the pressure goes (more or less) back to what it was before.

Reply to Gurgling and air in central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Boiler is making a gurgling sound and keeps short cycling. I believe there is air in the the system and I've already bled all the radiators. This...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock