Discuss grundfos UPS 3 phase pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mis-read the pump type, thought it was a 65-80, which i do come across on domestic premises, and in my opinion do not last that long, and are expensive.

Just as well i didnt start giving him electrical advise over the intenet, he might get himself a shock.

That is what forums are about is it not giving advice

experience is gained not learn t by reading internet posts

Hi presuming you know how to use a multi meter.

First make sure it is electrically isolated the disconnect the 3 phase conductors.

then using you multi meter on the ohms setting test between Phases 1+2 then 1+3 then 2+3 the reading should be very similar give or take 1-2 ohms

if this is not the case then check for voltage after you have re-connected the conductors i.e. 440 between phases and 230 between each phase and earth

thanx for the info mate, its all sorted now

did test ech phase and found 2 of the 3 phases were down. The mcb were wired into somekind of protector and 2 lights on the front of them were red, 1 was green. this was replaced and hey presto, all working again. thanx again mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to grundfos UPS 3 phase pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back