Search the forum,

Discuss Grundfos Go Balance Application in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Forum,

Has anyone actually used this application 'Go Balance' from Grundfos to successfully balance a radiator system with one of their compatible pumps like the Alpha 3.

I'm failing misserably, at the moment the application complains that radiators valves are blocked, even through when I open the lockshields, both the application and the pump show an increase in flow .
- I can also hear the flow and feel the radiator warm up.
- Interestingly, it is OK, when working on the towel rails..

Appears this technology/application is just a gimic...

There’s a lot to be said for gimmick but I can see the technological benefit if they get it right

Unfortunately, my experience so far is they haven't got it right...

They believe their product is amazing and intuitive...

Their technical support team can't answer any questions about this application, can't provide any documentation and the application produces all manner of errors (bugs)

Apparently, this application has been around for a few years, by now it should be working and a whole heap of installers should have experience using it... However, I can find anyone who has used it, in this forum or elsewhere...

Reply to Grundfos Go Balance Application in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently moved into my first home and after spending the winter here, I wasn’t particularly happy with the performance of the heating. Shortly after we moved in we installed a Hive thermostat as the old one was broken. To save a bit of money I also invested in the hive TRVs. After using the...
Replies
Views
S
Ups pump issue Fairly recently, say 12 months ago, we had a new pump fitted. It's a grundfos ups3 15- 50/65 130. (We have a small expansion tank next to the large tank in the loft. So not a sealed system) After it runs normally for several hours it just stops working. The radiators obviously...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock