Discuss Gross and Net. Latent heat? Head scratcher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Hi,

Was having a read the other night and "the penny dropped" Not sure if I'm right though.

Example: If I gas rate an appliance say an old combi boiler I get a gas rate in Gross which I then have to convert to Net because of latent heat (Something like 11% of heat is lost in flue gases)

My question is? If I gas rate an new condensing boiler which uses the latent heat in turn (condensing) and releasing water vapor out the flue do I have to covert from gross - net ?????

What would the MI's give the output of the new boiler in, Net or Gross Hobo ?? back to the books, LOL

Last edited:
I thought if the data badge doesn't say gross or net you assume gross then convert to net the new boilers give you it in gross and net on the technical data sheet on installation Manual

No data badge says gross, old appliances simply state a figure for HI, when they changed they way they calculated it to fall into line with the way the Central Europeans did it they had to let us know what was badged under the new scheme, so the listed the new ones as HI ??kw nett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gross and Net. Latent heat? Head scratcher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock