Discuss Green/yellow water in toilet cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixServices

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just popped into my parents place while they are on holiday, to find that one of the toilets is dumping greenie yellow water into the bowl when flushed. Have any of you guys found this before? It's an unvented system, and said toilet is upstairs. I was wondering whether it was algae or something.

Theyve probably dumped a load of toilet cleaner in the cistern, hate it when people do that

No nothing out of the taps, showers etc, or the other 3 toilets. maybe the cleaner popped it in.

I bet it's a toilet block in the cistern, worst thing people can do!

No its an ideal standard.(fitted for 6 years) i'm going to change the rubber seal as it is running through slightly anyway, i'm thinking it could be that disintegrating that is causing it.

mossep i thought that too, thought the old man had too many beevies and got confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green/yellow water in toilet cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
A
Hi Guys, I have a toilet where when you flush, the water from the cistern leaks out from a section of the cistern at the bottom where the seat...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am just about to move into a new build property. I took the water meter readings and they read 000000,620 I had a look around the...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
The other day I tried flushing one of the toilets in our house, but the handle went straight down and I heard the sound of plastic breaking. Part...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock