Search the forum,

Discuss Green gunk in shower head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Apfelsaft_82

Hello, I am wondering if you can help! We have a square rainfall shower head and there is a green gunk forming where the connection from the arm to the actual shower head is, which is causing the shower to stop working. I understand this may be a build up of limescale etc. but I rigorously clean the shower head itself, I am concerned the residue is coming from the pipe, could this be the case? If so, how do we rectify it? Please see the pictures I have included.

For info, we have an old style immersion tank if this makes any difference. The whole bathroom is virtually brand new but as soon as I unblock it the gunk returns.

IMG_1251.jpgIMG_1252.jpgIMG_1253.jpgIMG_1254.jpgIMG_1255.jpgIMG_1256.jpg

Yes the stuff is quite hard. Do this mean we may need new tank? Is there anyway of temporarily getting rid of it? Thanks!

have a try leave the show head off and run for a good 10 mins on both hot and cold (10 mins for cold , 10 mins for hot)

does any more bits come out?

I'd still check the cold feed tank to check it's not coming from there

Left it running for quite a while. No more bits coming out, then tried putting the shower head back on and it seemed bit better though there is still a slight residue building up. Think I need to get someone to look at it.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green gunk in shower head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by gravity feeds from the immersion (hot water) and a top floor tank (cold water). All the showers are powered by (pressure drop) pumps which are fed by...
Replies
Views
Hi All New here and have a bit of a weird one for you! Installed a concealed shower valve on a job with a rainfall shower head, and a handheld as well. The customer specifically wanted to be able to have both the rainfall and handheld on at the same time, and the supplier i was using only...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have an issue with our shower's hot water. The shower is operated using two separate taps for cold and hot water. When the hot water tap is turned on, no water at all comes from the shower head - not even a drizzle. However, when the cold water is turned on it flows freely. The hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock