Discuss green deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

roguetrader

Gas Engineer
im signing up to be a green deal installer ive paid NAPIT to come out to check one of our installs they also check to see if your set up right before they make you an accredited green deal installer, my name is down with plumb center for their 5 day course to be a green deal accessor.
just wondering if anyone is else going for it and what do they think.

Just another government flash in pan IMHO. Same as the old home energy packs they started which loads paid to train up for then it got scrapped apart from the EPC's.

it has cost a few quid £680 for green deal installer and £1350 for the accessor course but plumb center said they will refund the £1350 after 10 installs

waste of money imho , there trying anything to meet the co target and nothings working because its all pants

[DLMURL="http://www.warmerenergyservices.com/uploads/files/The%20green%20Deal%20a%20new%20way%20to%20pay.pdf"]The green Deal a new way to pay[/DLMURL]

How to pay for a Green Deal
Most Green Deal improvements are expected to
reduce your heating bill because you will be using
less electricity, gas or oil. Repayments are made
through your electricity bill – because everyone
has one of those.

Your Green Deal Provider will help calculate the
repayments, including interest, that you will need
to make. While the repayments should be no
more than what a typical billpayer should save, the
actual savings will depend on how much energy
you use and the future costs of energy.

If you move, the new occupier will benefit from
the improvements, so they will take on the
repayments.

It's just like a second mortgage imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a meeting yesterday, about becoming a green deal installer. Im still considering it but it does seem a bit of a ball ache to be honest. Theres a load of extra paperwork to complete and you need to pay nigh on £400 to get all the systems in place. Then you have to pay someone to come and inspect an install, and verify your paperwork to become accredited this is another £400/£500. Surley there should be some kind of grant system in place for the accreditation process? It turns out that the main people to benefit from all this will be the ones on benefits and their private landlords, as the average working family will not qualify for any of the measures except external insulation on solid walls??? and the social housing sector have their own set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to green deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed...
Replies
Views
N
Hey DIY enthusiasts, Just wrapped up a drain installation and wanted to share some quick tips for a smooth project: 1. Plan Smart: Think about...
Replies
Views
Nasir Ahamed
N
I'm remodeling our master bath. We have two 30 inch vanities with a 24 inch open space between them. Drain pipes go down into the basement of...
Replies
Views
H
Hi! If anyone is able to give any advice it's hugely appreciated! I'm in the UK if that makes a difference. I have a condensing combi boiler...
Replies
Views
S
Has anyone signed up to the WarmBox boiler installer network? They pay more than Boxt and on the day of installation so wondering if anyone else...
Replies
Views
Scott Dods
S
Back