Discuss Gravity Fed Hot Water & Heating Wiring Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the terms "normally closed" (NC) and "normally open" (NO) are confusing when it comes to thermostats, as it all depends on what you mean by "normally". It depends on the relative temperatures.

If the actual temperature is below the set temperature, the switch will be in one direction; and if the actual temperature is higher than set, it will be in the other. But which is "normal"? From a heating perspective we want the switch to be closed if the actual temperature is lower than set and to open when set temperature is reached.

As for the OP's cylinder stat, terminals C and 1 are closed if the water temperature is too low; and terminals C and 2 are closed when the water reaches temperature.

I should say that I find tamz's diagrams confusing as it does not show the colour of the wires of the mid-position valve: I can work it out as I know how it is wired up. But a real beginner, like the OP will find it impossible.

Hi, thanks for all your help, all appears to be working now. just a couple more questions please.

I thought my system was gravity fed, but as doityourself pointed out because it has a honeywell V4073 then i have a fully pumped system so

On the jumper on my timer control which is a drayton lifestyle 112, i have it on "p" for pumped instead of g, is this correct?

Is there a way to check that the 3 way valve is operating correctly? i found this thread on this forum, will the fault finding shown here work on my system?

Doityourself i do agree with you i found the diagram confusing due to the lack of colours on the 3 way valve, can you tell me where they all go so i can double check my wiring..

thank you all again for your help, patience and understanding its greatly appreciated...

On the jumper on my timer control which is a drayton lifestyle 112, i have it on "p" for pumped instead of g, is this correct?
"P" is correct as you have a fully pumped system

Is there a way to check that the 3 way valve is operating correctly? i found this thread on this forum, will the fault finding shown here work on my system?
Which thread is that?

can you tell me where they all go so i can double check my wiring.
Using tamz's diagram:

Blue to 2
Green/Yellow to 3
Orange to 4
White to 7
Grey to 9

Hi Doitmyself, Thanks for your patience, yes please if you could post another diagram that would be great...thanks again

Attachments

• Y Plan Pump Overrun.JPG
    Y Plan Pump Overrun.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 19
Hi All, Well its all Working Fine, The 3 way Valve Cant Have been Connected Up Right Before. As The Water In The Hand Basin Trickled Out But Now Comes Out At Quite A Pace. Also Before When The Hot Water Was On The Radiators Came On As Well Especially The One In The Bathroom Which Was The Closest To The Emersion Tank But It Now Stays Cold Like It Should Do Unless The Heating Is Switched On. Thanks For All Your Help Guys & Girls Who Offered Advice And Diagrams, Looking Forward To Winter Now..LOL

Good to hear it's all fixed now and thanks for telling us - all helpful knowledge for the future. I must admit until I read this post I'd have never put poor water flow down to wiring!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gravity Fed Hot Water & Heating Wiring Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock