Discuss Grant Vortex Blue no power to CH pump in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have an issue with my Grant Vortex internal combi boiler. Specifically the electrical side. Everything was working fine (with a dual channel Hive system) but then the central hearing stopped working. When looking it seemed like there were a number of loose contacts as when we moved the cable the pump powered up. Now however the pump isn’t receiving any power at all, when testing across the connections on the pcb there is no voltage there at all.

Could the pcb have been shorted? I swapped the connections for the hot water side and the central heating side and was able to power the pump.

Any ideas why I’m getting no volts across the CH pump side of the pcb?

Thanks

Have you have checked there is a live feed to board to the heating terminal 19 and if so a feed out to heating pump on terminal 6 ?
Is the heating switch on boiler in correct position
If board is suspected talk to Grant technical they will walk you through tests necessary.
They really are excellent in stark contrast to some other oil boiler manufacturers.
We have changed one or two boards nearer always caused by spilled water fron heating pump.

Reply to Grant Vortex Blue no power to CH pump in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, looking for some advise on my Grant Vortex 26. Had a big leak for the heat exchanger last year which ran down to the hot water pump and...
Replies
Views
Hi hoping someone can help with this as its beginning to drive me nuts. Boiler generally well serviced and working fine, no problems with DHW...
Replies
Views
Our current heating system has a Potterton EP2002 controller and Potterton Prima 60F boiler. I have bought a Wiser multi-zone kit 2 plus a number...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new owner here looking for advice ... There is a Grant Euroflame 70/90 oil-fired boiler with two pumps but no motorised valves. I assume...
Replies
Views
Morning and Happy New Year everyone! As is typical over the Christmas period my Central heating circulating pump died on new years eve. It had...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock