Search the forum,

Discuss Good entry level fga in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Can anyone recommend a good entry level fga? More on the cheaper side. I don't fit boilers every day but need one for when I do. Thanks.

Kane 455

Use Kane (456) as that’s what company supply, they are good analysers and you can get a calibration plan. We did have some testo’s , but I wasn’t keen on them.

Use Kane (456) as that’s what company supply, they are good analysers and you can get a calibration plan. We did have some testo’s , but I wasn’t keen on them.

I never liked my testo when I worked for a company and dont get me started on the anton sprints!!!!!!!

Am i the strange one.... Anton evo sprint 2 here, whats not to like you can pick up a second hand one less than 3years old for ÂŁ300.00 with the printer and cal normally. Never had a issue with mine over the last couple of years

Am i the strange one.. Anton evo sprint 2 here, whats not to like you can pick up a second hand one less than 3years old for ÂŁ300.00 with the printer and cal normally. Never had a issue with mine over the last couple of years

Over the years I've worked for quite a few companies that supplied the sprints (not evo) I never ever had one make it 12 months before it packed in and needed to go in. Every time it needed new cells etc. I figured it out that they dont like being used on lpg and oil because all the gas lads never had a problem.

Oh I have to admit I dislike the old one but we’ve had an old sprint 2 used only on oil in use for 4years now without fault. And my evo is normally on lpg more than ng, I think it’s one off them things if your used to it or been trained with a anton, Kane or testo you stick with it maybe

Am i the strange one.. Anton evo sprint 2 here, whats not to like you can pick up a second hand one less than 3years old for ÂŁ300.00 with the printer and cal normally. Never had a issue with mine over the last couple of years
I wasn't too keen on buying a second hand one. That does sound a lot cheaper though.

I haven’t but if they’re anything like previous models (only better spec) I can’t see them being an issue. We have the new 457 in our stores and seems a good bit of kit.

No but the price doesn't seem too bad. Kane offer a 5 year warranty anyone had to use this? I do like the Antons but there quiet expensive. Unless I got a there lowest model.

No but the price doesn't seem too bad. Kane offer a 5 year warranty anyone had to use this? I do like the Antons but there quiet expensive. Unless I got a there lowest model.

I haven’t heard of our company using the warranty, but we also have the service plan (I think it’s 5 years) where they calibrate it and replace anything (I think). I did have a gas sniffer that was playing up, they tested it, confirmed it was dodgy and swapped it.

Reply to Good entry level fga in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock