Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Glowworm Micron 30FF - fan or APS issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

captainnonsense

Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but...

It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice?

I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills is not in good condition. But right now money is really tight and anything I can do to get a few more weeks or months from the current system would be worth considering.

Having gone through the manual's trouble shooting, the LEDs indicate Fan/APS issue. The unit sounds like it powers up when I switch the hot water or heating setting om (there is a quiet but audible sound coming from the unit), but no hot water goes to tank or radiators. The boiler gets very mildly warm to the touch, which I assume is just the pilot light, as it can get much hotter.

Prior to this issue, for about a year it was rattling very loud - more audible outside the flat than inside though.

I know I should have dealt with this long ago, but the cost has been prohibitive for me.

I am not a DIY expert by any means but is there anything I can do myself to get the unit running again, even for a few days or weeks while I look into replacement options and try to beg borrow and steal the money!? It's pretty cold out there right now!

thanks so much!

Reply to Glowworm Micron 30FF - fan or APS issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone tell me of a boiler equivalent to a Glow worm micron 30ff. I am not sure what one I should get?
Replies
Views
The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock