Discuss Glowworm compact 80e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebeedee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Central heating only fires fir 10 seconds no lockout hot water ok. Divertor valve and motor ok pump ok. Rads get luke warm.

Sludge? But wouldn't it lock out?

What's the temp diff between f&r zeebeedee? If flows mad hot and return cold in comparison then blockage sounds the most likely! Got caught out once with this sort of fault though, the custard had turned all the rads off bar one :)

Not familiar with the boiler but it may have a filter on the boiler return that could be blocked?

First thoughts :)

What's the temp diff between f&r zeebeedee? If flows mad hot and return cold in comparison then blockage sounds the most likely! Got caught out once with this sort of fault though, the custard had turned all the rads off bar one :)

Not familiar with the boiler but it may have a filter on the boiler return that could be blocked?

that got me once on a worcester german students did not know how to turn boiler off so turned each rad off i had the boiler in bits before i realised

Central heating only fires fir 10 seconds no lockout hot water ok. Divertor valve and motor ok pump ok. Rads get luke warm.

Sludge? But wouldn't it lock out?

daughter had one of these and it realy got to me ripped it out in the end . check min burner pressure thats one fault i had when it modulated down there was not enough gas thus burner went out and kept cycling like this for hrs would be ok on hw as burner pressure is more. the burner press can be altered on valve and pcb .another common fault is poor hot water normaly the board not giving correct voltage to modulate gas valve. manual covers testing the components and gas valve very well

Yeah flow was roasting return was freezing. Heading back tomorrow armed with some x800. Ill check the filter as well.

Don't know where that came from!

Filter under the pump was blocked solid!

Don't know where that came from!

Filter under the pump was blocked solid!

how did you get the filter out. from underneath by removing the iso valve ? or did you have to take the pump housing out

how did you get the filter out. from underneath by removing the iso valve ? or did you have to take the pump housing out

Neither. Took the pump head off and blasted it with compressed air. You can see the filter in the elbow when the heads off. X800 introduced. Went back today and flushed it out. System was reg hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm compact 80e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock