Search the forum,

Discuss Glowworm 30cxi leak in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Couple similar but not same threads - my plumber is coming back (again) to try to sort the seemingly intermittent leak on my Glowworm 30cxi boiler but thought I’d do a bit more research myself!

Boiler is 12 years old but was hoping to get 1-2 more years before replacing as only just moved in.

Leak volume seems finite - about 30-50ml each time it happens. Water is very very slightly discoloured.

Leak seems to happen after the boiler has stopped firing.

Leak seems to happen with heating only, not hot water.

Heating seems very effective; flat as toasty as I want.

Leak seems to happen regardless of being prompted by thermostat or boost function.

Plumber initially diagnosed faulty diverter valve, replaced £240. Took a few days but leak occurred again after 2-3 times using heating.

I do have a video of the leak if needed. Calling plumber out again this week.

Any practical insights welcome!

Reply to Glowworm 30cxi leak in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock