Search the forum,

Discuss Gloworm ultrapower 170 sxi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
My boiler is not working after a heating engineer looked at it yesterday. Getting t9 code despite resetting and re-pressurising. The filling loop hose is now leaking. Can anyone tell me how I switch to the immersion so I can get hot water until engineer comes back out. Many thanks

There is usually a fairly obvious switch positioned near to the hot water cylinder. Pictures of the cylinder and it's surround would help if you're still not sure.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Don’t know whether these photos will help, the tanks incorporated in the boiler system. Thanks

FD7CCDF6-109C-4290-9F71-836DC23221F3.jpeg

8358A32C-44BB-4674-86E0-178C3AE7E719.jpeg

57423466-86B5-4D6E-A2D0-93919FD196F1.jpeg

76DC5981-1238-4FAC-8853-6E1936658E23.jpeg

The filling loop hose is now leaking.

Your photo appears to show the valves at either end of the filling loop open and partially open. Once you've got the system correctly pressurised both should be set to the 'off' position, this is normally with the lever at right-angles to the valve body. This will stop the hose leaking.

(Strictly speaking, once the system is correctly pressurised the flexible loop should be disconnected and the valve ends sealed with screw-on caps.)

filling loop is open in the pics?

Reply to Gloworm ultrapower 170 sxi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Wondering if anyone can offer any clues please // Potterton Promax 18 // Had an E1 error code, repressurised via with filling loop // Boiler fires but now the pressure runs up from 1.5 mark in the green up to 2.5 in the red then flicks off. // Error code again // Once held in reset for...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up a flashing 79 code. Try restarting the boiler straight away but I have to wait 10 minutes for it to cool down before it works. I reset the boiler...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
I’ve a Megaflo system with a conventional boiler, and yesterday, with no warning, it stopped passing any water. The cold flow is fine, there’s only the tiniest trickle from the hot taps on the lower floors, nothing on the higher ones. I’ve checked the combination valve for blockages, and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock