Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Glow Worm Ultrapower SXI in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcluma

Hi,

We have a reasonable large house with a number of ensuites and are looking to replace our old glow worm with seperate hot water storage tank

I did some searches on the web and here on the forum, but cannot find much on the ultrapower SXI
what is the general perception on the unit

are there any other units available with build in hotwater storage?

Many thanks for your help

Hi,

We have a reasonable large house with a number of ensuites and are looking to replace our old glow worm with seperate hot water storage tank

I did some searches on the web and here on the forum, but cannot find much on the ultrapower SXI
what is the general perception on the unit

are there any other units available with build in hotwater storage?

Many thanks for your help
call in an engineer to assess your needs, from what you have said already you really need to install an unvented cylinder of fm 170 to 210 litres or more to provide enough hot water on demand to several bathrooms at once. the ultra power looks to me to probably be an expensive option of a boiler/storage facility built as a unit, great until it breaks down and parts become expensive. Id rather have a decent system boiler and cylinder in separate parts and installed properly with easily replacble parts from any supplier rather than relying on gloworm for all the bits. imho gloworm are not the company they used to be and having sat on the phone for 40 minutes waiting for their tech line to pick up is symtomatic of their service in general. other companies do similar products, just check each manufacturers website for info:)

Thanks for the reply, have the engeneer coming out on Tuesday, just wanted to do a bit of homework, not to become an export, but just have a bit of a background as to what is good and not good

Had the engeneer out, but didn't know much about the glow worm ultrapower SXI, he recommended for my house two individual systems of 240liter each,

so Iam not much further, just need some opinion on the Ultrapower SXI

glow worms are not very good, why do I say that, coz im alaways attending glowworm breakdowns. Get in another engineer and listen to what they have to say about boilers etc and look at what they suggest.

Had the engeneer out, but didn't know much about the glow worm ultrapower SXI, he recommended for my house two individual systems of 240liter each,

so Iam not much further, just need some opinion on the Ultrapower SXI

Just why are you so keen on a glowarm boiler, I have googled it and find that the flow rates to be appalling together with the amount of hot water it will produce

If you post how many en-suites you have and the average daily useage somebody will be able to help you better, if it was me I would be looking for a boiler that can produce 30 odd litres a minute with a 30°c temperature rise and at least 300 litres an hour of hot water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow Worm Ultrapower SXI in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock