Discuss glow worm poor quality in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puddle

I see a TB has been issued with regards to glowworm,s flue gas sample point caps,the ones with white rubber seals are substandard as below

IMG_1180.jpg

The ones with black rubber seals should be ok

IMG_1179.jpg

We are told we should change the white caps out

So are Glowworm issuing these caps foc,no,even though I seem to remember there is a law that items manufactured should be able to serve the purpose they were manufactured for,which obviously these caps are not !!!

Never mind,what's a few pence for a cap,can not be more than a quid.....yeh ,think again,you can not get separately ,you have to buy ....packs of 5......at........around £7.00 + for each cap each.....(£37.00 a pack of 5 !!!!)...........rip off glow worm strike again

Sod safety,lets go for the profit

The same reasoning,with manufacturers providing cheap unfit complete flue systems,we are left with the new flue inspection hatch regs

:rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocking, although it could've been worse mate. I'm surprised they are even selling them as a pack of 5, I could easily see them saying u need to buy a new flue c/w new cap, kerching, kerching.

Glowworm are the butt of boiler jokes

I see a TB has been issued with regards to glowworm,s flue gas sample point caps,the ones with white rubber seals are substandard as below

View attachment 5151

View attachment 5152

So are Glowworm issuing these caps foc,no,even though I seem to remember there is a law that items manufactured should be able to serve the purpose they were manufactured for,which obviously these caps are not !!!

Never mind,what's a few pence for a cap,can not be more than a quid.....yeh ,think again,you can not get separately ,you have to buy ....packs of 5......at........around £7.00 + for each cap each.....(£37.00 a pack of 5 !!!!)...........rip off glow worm strike again

The same reasoning,with manufacturers providing cheap unfit complete flue systems,we are left with new flue inspection hatches

Not wanting to steal your thunder but had a great deal more grief with the 'screw in' brass plugs like those on the baxi's, Vokera's etc :) They're a pain at tines to remove!!!

It is not just Glow worm who are penny pinching. They all are and we have to put up with it. Build standards are lowering for the sake of pennies.

I fit mostly worcesters for my troubles and they have recently changed the design of juniors and si's on the condensate exit doing away with the rubber connector. Not life threatening but it is now a pita to pre pipe it. Saves them 10p or something tho.
Another thing with worcesters that does my nut in. 2 screws to fix the flue. You need 3 to fix it properly. That saving must be 0.01p on a 40 odd quid flue extension.

It is all about the money and is getting worse.

I was on an Ariston factory trip a few years back and the Italian guy showing us around spoke perfect english....until one of the guys asked him how much to produce a boiler.....he lost all grasp of english then and quickly moved off.

Not wanting to steal your thunder but had a great deal more grief with the 'screw in' brass plugs like those on the baxi's, Vokera's etc :) They're a pain at tines to remove!!!

The vokeras especially can easily cross thread. I try to fga from outside if poss on the SE lineas etc

Many an engineer out there has never heard the phrase " all it needs is a wee nip up". We have a lot of 'Worlds strongest man' contenders in the industry. A wee bit grease also makes it so much easier for the next guy.

It is not just Glow worm who are penny pinching. They all are and we have to put up with it. Build standards are lowering for the sake of pennies.

I fit mostly worcesters for my troubles and they have recently changed the design of juniors and si's on the condensate exit doing away with the rubber connector. Not life threatening but it is now a pita to pre pipe it. Saves them 10p or something tho.
Another thing with worcesters that does my nut in. 2 screws to fix the flue. You need 3 to fix it properly. That saving must be 0.01p on a 40 odd quid flue extension.

It is all about the money and is getting worse.

I was on an Ariston factory trip a few years back and the Italian guy showing us around spoke perfect english....until one of the guys asked him how much to produce a boiler.....he lost all grasp of english then and quickly moved off.
its the same with everything buy up a company with a premium priced reputation cut staff and cut the exspensive quality components to the bone regardless of quailty and cream of loads of profits till everyone realises the former premium brand is now just as rubbish as the rest

They are all rubbish boilers imho I am installing intergas from now on . I usually repair boilers for a living and some of the prices are a joke , rip off britain or what

View attachment 5151

View attachment 5152

The same reasoning,with manufacturers providing cheap unfit complete flue systems,we are left with the new flue inspection hatch regs

If I come across em puddle do I ID em ?

They are all rubbish boilers imho I am installing intergas from now on . I usually repair boilers for a living and some of the prices are a joke , rip off britain or what
I have been installing intergas for 3 years or more and they are my preference to any other manufacturer.
But most folk nowadays read rubbish on the internet etc and insist on there own choice.
Again like most folk I will fit what ever pays the wages. If I could get away with it I would fit Heatline and Ferroli with a repair contract tied in as you could earn 3 times as much repairing them than you earn t when fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to glow worm poor quality in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock