Discuss Glow worm micron 40ff constant pressure loss! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sniperkmydj

Hi all,

I have been persistantly adding water to my sealed system over the past week, because everytime i top up the water to ~1bar over the following days the pressure slowely decreases. have i got a leak? can i dod anything to test my system? is it to do with the expansion bottle? i have bled all the radiators and no more air comes out, at present.

your help will be much appreciated.

kieran

it will either be a leak on the system or the expansion vessel is flat, you can recharge them but in my experience the vessel will need changing if it is flat, also i normaly renew the prv at the same time as they sometimes let by once they have blown, the way to check is find the outlet to the prv (probably near the vessel) and see if it is wet, should terminate outside, if it is then you will need to call a gs engineer to replace parts

am i right in thinking the expansion vessel is at the back of the boiler?

If there is one, which there should be if you have a pressure gauge it will be external, you should get an engineer to call round, if you just keep topping it up you are doing more dammage as the system will get sludged due to the oxygenated water entering the system, if you post your location someone on here can probably have a look for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm micron 40ff constant pressure loss! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock