Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gledhill solar cylinder. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andygwill

Hi,
I've just brought a second hand Sunspeed 2 Solar cylinder by Gledhill. 1050 x 450 - 144 litre. i cant manage to locate any manufacturers installation instructions or diagrams relating to the connection bosses.

As I understand it there are 2 x 15mm solar connections at the bottom of the tank. A drain cock and a 22mm cold feed and 22mm hot out. There are then 3?? 22mm connections left. I presume the top one is for the boiler flow connection but which one of the other 2 is the boiler return?

I have seen some cylinders with a secondary return but don't understand what part it plays in the system.

I have also toyed with the idea of running a Wood burning boiler stove to my central heating and hot water. Is this possible with this tank? The bsp's on the boiler are 1 1/2" female and I think the tank is 22mm?

I am training to be a plumber/heating engineer but haven't quite got to this yet. Can't you tell?? lol.

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks

the other three are two 22mm boiler primarys ,top one used for pumped shower supply or secondry return.secondry return ,if you have long runs to hot taps to save wasting water [draining off a long legg of cold before hot water arrives at tap]hot water is ciculated in a loop with hot taps drawing of the loop circuit returns to hot water cylinder via secondry return.you could incorperate wood burning stove but will have to work out how you are going to control heat to cylinder

Hi again,

I'm Installing the cylinder with a Dunsley Yorkshire boiler stove and a gravity circuit for the heat leak and hot water, I've spoken to Gledhill who say the coil in the sunspeed 2 is suitable for both pumped and gravity systems. I have attached a pic of the label (I think).

Why write Indirect P or G for the tick box - implying it is suitable for pumped or gravity and then in red, Type P - Indirect for pumped system only.

Is the red writing telling me this is a Type P or is it warning me that if it is a Type P to use a pump, as indicated or not in the tick box? I'm inclined to think the former but Gledhill says it is suitable for both. Also I cant seem to get the imersion out to look at the coil. It looks like it glued in with some sort of resin!!

Also my cold water coffin tank is only about 8 inches above the hot outlet on the tank. Is this enough??

Again any help is a godsend.

Attachments

• sunspeed label.jpg
    sunspeed label.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 23
Can you fit an uncontrollable heat source to an unvented cylinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gledhill solar cylinder. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock