Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Gledhill electric hot water units in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Speak as I find the units in McCarthy Stone retirement flats are ALways breaking down that’s why I see loads of their vans going south M6 every working day to fix the rubbish night store heaters but maybe I should keep quiet as there is loads of money being made out of vulnerable pensioners

Reply and post

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

you sure there just not under warranty still and how do you know its the cylinders

Depending on what cylinder they are normally have a 5-10 year warranty unless installed incorrectly

3. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

I agree that the warranty does go over. However a lot of the ones I have seen are beyond that and then the poor punters have to buy more cover. Coupled with the horrendous drop in the values of these flats it’s a total rip off of vulnerable people, I know I have been concerned with the maintance of these buildings. Never let your old folks buy one