Discuss Gl;ow worm Compact 100P burning continually in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IainR

Hi All

I'm a new member to the forum and am in need of some advice.
The boiler is a Glow worm Compact 100p which seems to be working normally except that...when there is no demand for either hot water or central heating there are small flames approx 3mm tall on the burner.
When there is demand the burner fires normally but when the demand goes off the burner doesn't seem to shut down propoerly leaving small flames on the burner...........
Any suggestions or advice anyone please

Thanks in anticipation

Iain

Could be anything mate. Without being their its difficult to say what it could be. But there shouldn't be flames when there is no demand. Are these small flames there all the time or just for a short while after? Because it could just be burning off the rest of the gas after its not got demand.

Either way call a GSE and get it sorted that way

Need a gas safe engineer to have a look at it asap, could be very dangerous.

Simon's reply in [url="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/new-member-introductions/25172-glow-worm-compacft-100p-has-small-burn-continually.html] your other thread [/url] is a good one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the gas valve could be letting by.
Call in an engineer.

Thanks everyone for the advice.
GSE arrives tomorrow
Thanks again to all
Regards Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gl;ow worm Compact 100P burning continually in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am looking for some basic advice please My house is on two floors, approx 240m2 and a spacious loft with good headroom and access. Glow Worm...
Replies
Views
I moved into a house during the summer with a 3 year old Glow worm ultimate 35c combi boiler fitted. We had it serviced at the time. Now it's...
Replies
Views
GerryS
G
Hello all! Can I please have some professional opinion on our ongoing problems with our Glow-worm Fuelsaver mk11. Now I know the simplist answer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a British Gas 330+ Heat only boiler and it displayed an F25 error (lack of water iirc) on Sunday. I read the manual and bled the...
Replies
Views
Hi, im new here but would appreciate some advice on a strange boiler fault I'm experiancing. With boiler in summer position H/W works fine, boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock