Search the forum,

Discuss Getting round to doing your own jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had an unvented cylinder standing in the utility room since before Christmas. Finally got nagged enough from the gf to fit it before her parents visit next week.

Same thing happened in the autumn for fitting an extra radiator in the living room - it sat in the garage until the gf nagged enough about the room being cold.

I've got a flashing on the roof needs redoing and it's had a sheep feed sack stuffed under it for the past 2 months to keep the water out.

Trouble is when I'm busy with paying customers, I'm reluctant to spend time on my own stuff.

Is it just me or is everyone else like this too?

Last edited:
My record is 3 years on a fordham flushpanel cistern.

My excuse was that every time I got the rocker arm and pushrod in, a customer came in and bought it. I think I sold that rocker arm about 5 or 6 times. Only finally fixed it when we sold the place. In the meantime, the top was off, and we just had to show guests how to reach inside and flush it. Easy peasy. :)

perhaps, we should start a new forum so we can pay each other to do each others work, LOL

It might result in some happier wimin,

Yep got a bathroom 90% finished a living room with no door or radiator a unpainted hall and a kitchen ceiling with a few holes in and a exposed soil pipe plus a garden

My dad took 15 years to finish the kitchen he fitted a new one before the old one was finished. So far we haven't been in the lounge for 16 months just using the conservatory

Oh yeh, it takes forever. Besides my Mrs is so damn fussy, I don't want to work for her!

converted my place into 4 apartments and my "mini " maisonette, took me a year for the flats and 6 for the bit I live in, now though it all needs redecorating to flog it!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread has made my year.....not only has my kitchen been an ongoing project for the last ten years, but the rest of the house has also been a challenge which i am yet to meet. My biggest problem seems to be that i see something better before i finish the job so it simply becomes an evolution of the original and never reaches completion. Its good to know i am not alone in a semi finished house.

I managed to get round to fitting a Magnaclean into my system, still got a Vaillant 831 in a willams box round at my dad's to be put on the wall...
Time and enthusiasm run low when you have 3 kids and invoices, quotes and job's to do :lol:

Jobs at home dont come bottom of the to do list, they just dont make the list. The wifes sister is coming from australia next week to stay, for three weeks. The push is on. The trouble is the more she pushes the less I do. I brought a couple of tins of paint in with me tonight. The challenge is to see how long I can get away without opening them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting round to doing your own jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock