Discuss Getting a placement for my Gas Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

theanalyst

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
ok, I have been working in the building industry for quite a few years and have done a lot of bathrooms and general plumbing (not gas of course) for an employer.

I decided last year that I needed to get Corgi registered (as it was at the time) and hence I saved up and am undertaking a course very soon with Met Uk that will give me the qualifications I need, provided I pass..

The placement to me is the most crucial bit and I am trying to arrange one myself as this is the weak link with many training providers so I am told (including met)...

Has anyone got any advice or possible contacts I could try? I am based in Sheffield and could work anywhere within say a 50 mile radius.

I have all my own tools and am an asset rather than a drain on resources.... am hoping this may give me an advantage in finding a decent (unpaid) placement.

All info appreciated :)

THANKS

tbh give met a chance to find you something as you are paying them to anyway if you are on the multi skills course
they found me on even though i am employed and can only do 2 days a week
first guy fell through but within a week they found me an excellent placement and everyone on my course got a placement
it is crucial so dont settle for a second rate placement

Glad u got placment. I heard a bad rap about met-uk promising placements and then not even bothering to try and find something. Student after 3 months had to find his own. Make sure it is in writing and a garantee as no placment no qualification.

its a guranteed interview they offer in writing and only one but i have to say the palcement team really worked hard for the guys on my course even a guy who lived in truro got one
have to say the placement is critical and if doing it yourself you will struggle as i emailed 35 engineers and got nowhere and without a placement you cant complete the course as no portfolio so think vare carefully
and yes i did meet a guy who didnt get a placement in his first work experience block so dont know what he did and another guy was rumoured to have struggled as well
the ecenomic downturn hasnt helped as engineers dont want the hassle of having to mentor someone its a fine line between getting the experience and being a nuisance

Thanks for the info guys.
Will have to give Met Uk the benefit of the doubt and see what they come up with :)

I will report back soon enough on the progress.....

If anyone has any tips or info relating to this course it would be appreciated :)

yes make sure you have a good supply of nurofen as the first 3 weeks is nearly all classroom and moves along at a fair pace

yes make sure you have a good supply of nurofen as the first 3 weeks is nearly all classroom and moves along at a fair pace

lol :D
Thanks mate ;)
I start next week so will be able to really enjoy the heatwave :eek:
Will add some updates as well on how its going.

Last edited:
ime back in the centre on the 5th of oct for second 3 week stint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting a placement for my Gas Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock