Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gcs scheme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

Anyone know much about this ? Even though I don't like the 5 year acs surely this new scheme will allow companies just to sign off there gas engineers regardless of there competence level ? Let be honest there not going to stop them working resulting in them losing the company money. Think it's a poor safety move

It can only work in my eyes if an external independent verifier does the checking otherwise as above...it will be abused.

Something similar has been happening in the transport industry for years - big firms have "delegated authority" to examine their trainees. So certain bus companies train AND test their own candidates for the PCV driving licence. Ditto hailers and LGV licence. No conflict of interest at all there then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gcs scheme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is fundraising to restore a local pub into a community hub (and also a pub). The pub which is The Hop...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock