Discuss Gascoseeker mk1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whn1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone have any experience with these?

Called out the board the other day for a leaking ecv and I saw him putting it away.

How do they work? What's the little hand pump for? And most importantly are they any good?

Im annoyed with my rein sniffa. Don't trust it sometimes, also hard to pinpoint leaks.

They are used for purging generally. The pump draws the sample of gas/air into the machine, no fancy pumps.

How do you rate them Kev?

Carrying out a lot of "trace and repair" work they were great, sure beat using soap and water on old iron pipework under floors ect.
There main/best use was for emergency work ie checking upper and lower explosive limits of properties before entering.
The old units are still too much money for general use as a domestic engineer, looking at the advert the calibration cert is only valid for 6 months. Much better to buy an analyser with the function built in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gascoseeker mk1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock