Search the forum,

Discuss Gas valve for hob behind oven in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldhamred

Hi Guys.
Can someone give me a definative answer to this. Is it against regs to put a gas isovalve for a hob bahind an oven. To my mind it would be impractical to put it in an adjacent cupboard.?
Thanks

no its not against the regs as long as its in the prescribed zone wherever the mi asks for

Thanks gas man.
Nothing in MI s for oven or hob. Just common sense to me .If there is a problem with the hob and a smell of gas ,thats what the ecv at the mains is for .
Ta

Its sometimes easier to remove the oven (4 screws if your lucky/unlucky) than to empty some kitchen cupboards !!!!:p

Exactly !! The gas valve is safer behind the oven.In a cupboard it can be knocked by pots/pans etc and weep.

the MI ask for an isolation valve, to allow service/maintenance work to be carried out, so I always put them behind the oven, as i need to remove the oven to work on the hob anyway, and if i need to i will put the gas off at the MVC/ECV.
we had a mad C.o.W. who demanded the valve be put in the adjacent cupboard so theat the tenant could get it in an emergency, simply because he didnt know what he was reading when he read the regs and seen "accessible" and "emergency" when i explained it was a service valve he changed his mind.

"No person shall install a gas appliance without there being at the inlet to it a means of shutting off the supply of gas to the appliance unless the provisions of such is not reasonably practical"

As kirkgas has said it just to facilitate maintenance or the isolation of hob during a tightness test during a suspected leak to rule out the appliance.
As long as there is means to access the gas tap for the above situations. It is not a ECV.
Behind the oven is acceptable. Direct access at back of cupboard would be even better as long as not in way.

Thanks lads.
Clears it up as far as Im concerned.Service engineer was complaining cos he had to remove single oven to get at valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas valve for hob behind oven in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock