Discuss gas safety certificate help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi got a bit of a dilema.
Sold our house and after 12 weeks into the process and close to a completion date the buyers solicitors have asked for a gas safety certificatr. I arranged a survey with a gas engineer who called today to carry out the survey, first thing he noticed was the smart gas meter we had installed by british gas had no digital display, me and my partner were not aware of this as the meter was behind a unit. The gas engineer said he was unable to carry out the survey, i phoned british gas and they told me that it was possible to carry out the survey as the meter was fine it was just the digital display that was faulty? And they would not be able to fix the meter until 13 july!We really need this certificate in the next cpl of days as we hope to get a completion date next week....any gas engineers out there that can give advice on whether a gas survey cert can be issued even though the smart meter display is not working.?*

Depends on what type of boiler & other appliances in house.
A meter reading showing gas consumption may be required to test some appliances. Without it safe operation of an appliance may not be confirmed.

Thanks thats what i thought. I have a combi and a 5kw gas stove that needs testing.

They digital meters are hopeless. Had 3 this year that had faulty display.
Get on to your gas supplier and kick up hell. It is their faulty meter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas safety certificate help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock