Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas Safe ID Cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

salandra

Hi all.

I was just wondering how you GS registered folks feel when you turn up on a domestic job and the customer asks to see your card. I know it's the responsible thing to do as a client, but I also feel that I'm questioning their competency and they might get offended if they are legit.

Am I worrying over nothing?

Cheers!

No one worth their salt would be concerned that you'd be asking.

We don't see it as you questioning our competencies, we see it as you acting responsibly and protecting yourself, your family and your home.

I always show mine to customers I don't know.

Its a shame more people don't ask though, perhaps then there would be less illegals!!

We require staff and Subbies to show GS card upon entry. No card no work! Bit like boots !

I'm disappointed i don't get asked more TBH. I think I have been asked for it 3 times in 4 years. ..

Ive never been asked but i simply put that down to the size of town , ( or maybe i just look like an honest John)

I think i've only been asked twice since Gas safe took over.....quite disappointed really when you think what you pay for it.

If corgi took it back over tomorrow no one other then our wallets would know any different

i doubt ive been asked more than half a dozen times in 30 years best argument was with an old biddy who wasnt going to let me in as i wasnt corgi registered about 2 years after it went to gas safe

only ever got asked once, on my first job after qualifying, because I didnt do what her other engineer had done on an ideal mexico, i did a tightness test before I started to prove there were no leaks on the system, then I stripped down the boiler and cleaned it, seems he only took 10 minutes and because of that I was the fraud!!

Thanks all, its nice to see that asking for the card is viewed as a positive on this forum. I'll certainly be asking when they arrive next week. I guess the only outstanding question is whether I should get Chocolate Hobnobs or Chocolate Digestives in for the tea breaks :smiley2:

Thanks all, its nice to see that asking for the card is viewed as a positive on this forum. I'll certainly be asking when they arrive next week. I guess the only outstanding question is whether I should get Chocolate Hobnobs or Chocolate Digestives in for the tea breaks :smiley2:

Both!

Salandra,

Good to hear this.

I am picking up work from customers via gas safe’s “Local Engineers search”

Jjmmcc

P.S.

Canny beet Jaffa Cakes.

only ever got asked once, on my first job after qualifying, because I didnt do what her other engineer had done on an ideal mexico, i did a tightness test before I started to prove there were no leaks on the system, then I stripped down the boiler and cleaned it, seems he only took 10 minutes and because of that I was the fraud!!
ive had that so many timesone woman i went to on the ha work wanted me out in 5 mins as she had to go out and it only took 5 last year

Jaffa cakes all the way..I only get asked for my corgi card then spend 10mins explaining gasafe trying not to look like a rouge..

I'm usually shocked. I very rarely get asked to see my gas card. It doesn't bother me though I would rather everyone did it as it would make the cowboys jobs a bit harder.

You would be surprised how many people check you out first on the gas safe site.They won"t wait till your standing on the doorstep.I have been asked for ID once in 23 years.

I've never been asked like the above I'm always asked on the phone are you gorgi lol

Same here 2nd job after qualifying i was servicing a fire proceeding to take it out. And custard says why you doing that. Other guy never took the fire out sure you know what your doing Only after i had explained why, did she begin to question the other bloke

Oh ye, that happens all the time, 'they've never done that before '. I usually get told as I leave I've done a much better job though, these customers love to see some good old fashioned work happening.

I always have my gas card on a lanyard hanging around my neck with my company's id card too. Occasionally get asked for id, but I think it's more of a case of who am I rather than am I registered. But then I guess it's unlikely a big company would ever send an unregistered person to work on gas.

Hi all.

I was just wondering how you GS registered folks feel when you turn up on a domestic job and the customer asks to see your card. I know it's the responsible thing to do as a client, but I also feel that I'm questioning their competency and they might get offended if they are legit.

Am I worrying over nothing?

Cheers!

I think all (or most) will be really pleased you asked.
They spend a lot of money and time getting that card and wish that the public would make sure they do not give their money to those who are not GSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe ID Cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock