Discuss gas portfolio help/employment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamie1581

Gas portfolio help, just completed my 6129 level 3 tec certificate at btsc chessintion but im having a nightmare with anyone wanting to take me on so I can build my gas portfolio but im hearing of companies offering this service at a charge I.e. you go work with a gas engineer for a number of weeks and pay him but you get the evidence and some experience so your able to do your acs assessment now has anyone had any experience with theses companies or does anyone know of some around the Guildford area maybe they could blog this or email me direct at [email protected]
I am also looking for employment within the industry and am willing to work for free for around 4 weeks to see if I would be suitable for your company .

thanks jamie lewis

no single trader will look at you as why would they just so you can become someone who will possibly take jobs from them
doubtfull a company will take the chance either
another example of training companies taking the money without explaining the facts of life

Thanks newbie1 but I was looking for some info and advice into these profile building companies and its clear that companies are not taking any trainees on at the moment so its near on imposable to get some gas experience unless knowing someone in the trade which I don’t

you also will not get your acs without a nvq level 2 with gas element.
dont run before you can walk, concentrate getting the nvq first. after that you have a better chance if any of getting employed leading to gas experience.

Thanks but im fully aware I need my nvq2 which is quiet east to get but if I get a job as a plumber within a company that does very little gas im not able to build my portfolio up so please if your going to reply to my blog can you only give me the advice that I need about there portfolio building companies .thanks

Hhhmmm, ask for help and then dictate what people can and can't post in an attempt to help you. Good luck getting further help :D

there is no such thing as portfolio building companies
there are people who will charge you money to work alongside them
there are training centers that will try to find a company to let you work unpaid for them while building a portfolio
very few if any single traders will give you the chance to build a portfolio get registered and then take work away from them
ime sorry you dont like the answers but they are the accurate truthfull answers to your question
as i have explained this will cost you upwards of 12-15k to get qualified and then you will have to try and find a customer base which takes years
and who will you turn to when you go to your first boiler breakdown and dont know the problem?

please can someone answer my original question on the gas portfolio building companies that are popping up around the country has anyone been out and worked for one and built there gas portfolio up using them or had any bad experience.
To all of the last blogers i only want information on the portfolio companies I thank you for your info but without saying I know it all you’ve giving me information I already know. Ive also spoken to lots of training companies and then do have people who will help you build your gas portfolio but as I didn’t do my training with them none of them will refer me to them
Im sorry if I have offended any blogers but im fully aware of what I need to do my gas acs and what quafication im just looking for info about gas portfolio building

Thanks jamie

as i explained they want to charge you to go work for free they are not repeat not portfolio building companies
there is no such thing as a portfolio building company only people who will take money off you to work free alongside them and then sign your sheet
some training centers will offer a guaranteed placement but repeat but that is they in fact only gaurantee in met uks case a interview with one company
all these companies do is cold call companies asking them to give a placement which in this climate not many are willing to do
but hey you seem unwilling to listen
who has told you there are portfolio building companies out there???

Newbie1 Im fully aware these companies are just gas engineers who you go out with on live jobs but some advertise themselves on goggle as portfolio building companies ive also spoken to other trainees/trainers at my local training centre who have heard about them but have had no dealing with them as it looks like a fairly new thing . so have you had any dealing with them or do you know anyone who has. At the presents recession my chances of getting fully time employment with asc gas is far greater than without it but the only way of building my gas portfolio up may lie with one of these companies unless I can be placed in a job where they will train me which is very unlikely and I know im not going to get a massive amount of experience get my gas portfolio built but my chances of getting employment is far greater with it unless you have other options.
I also know I will get limited experience and I not I will not be ready to go out on my own after passing asc assessments but Im looking for my best course of action. im thinking if my local training centre places me in a job where I do just plumbing with no gas im going to be stuck not being able to build my gas evidence up so it mite be better to build it just before they try to place me to further my chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas portfolio help/employment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock