Discuss gas pipe under drive way in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
dear all,

a customer is asking for a quote for installing a new boiler, the new boiler will be in kitchen which is about 10 meters away from gas meter, i had a look, the best route is to bury the gas pipe under drive way, but i really dont have this kind of experience

anyone has done this before and share some experience please!

really appreciate this!

Hi Howsie, the driveway surface is concrete, i checked the book, it only says the minumum depth is 375mm, not much information

Last edited:
If your going out to the driveway with the gas can you not fit it on the outside wall?

Minimum 375mm is correct under a driveway

Last edited by a moderator:
It don't look the best and if its a option I would rather take than dig up a concrete drive.

pipe on outside wall = 1 hours work
Pipe underground = Too much work and expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas pipe under drive way in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back