Discuss Gas Pipe Sizing Calculations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, let’s start again. Using the table above:

A-B 3.64m3/h Total Length 7.5m Chart Length 40m in 28mm Pressure Loss is 0.1875mbar
B-D 1.04m3/h Total Length 28.5m Chart Length 50m in 22mm Pressure Loss is 0.57mbar
Now we are talking!
According to this – you can have the B-D run to the cooker in 22mm – all 28.5m in 22.
Result! I must admit I haven't seen the table with length of pipe being 40 and 50m before. Never had to run it that far. I’m saving that. Thanks again to Simon.

Hope you are good to go now, princegoose.

I was wondering why we couldn't have the next discharge figure for 40m, cos there was plenty of discharge at 30m. And I couldn't see anything in the BS to tell us - we can't use figures for runs more than 30m for our calculations. You learn something every day!

Last edited:
Bloody hell guys, thanks. TBH I wouldn't have worked it out myself, so saved me a lot of hassle.

So

A-B 28mm
B-C 22mm
B-D 22mm

?

Yes, you really need to understand how we came to it though. How do you know I’m not talking rubbish here? I can print a book too. Trust but check!

You can have your current BS 6891:2005+A2:2008

Installation of low pressure gas pipework of up to 35 mm (R1¼) in domestic premises (2nd family gas) — Specification

Here:
[DLMURL]http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/estates/projects/ed/edtechnical/gasservices/gas.pdf[/DLMURL]

Thanks to good people of Warwick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Simon, I have that book but didn't notice the chart went up to 50m. What do you think of the book by the way?

Thanks for the BS link Alex. Am going to have a quick looksy at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Pipe Sizing Calculations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock