Discuss Gas pipe responsibility. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Was in a Landlords property today ... upstairs flat! The gas supply came in at the front door downstairs and an ecv fitted. The supply pipe from the ecv them went up to the ceiling and along to the top of the stairs where there was then a secondary ecv then governor and meter fitted!

My question is, who's responsible for the pipe between the first ecv and secondary ecv? there was not a single clip on this pipe!!!! I have my theory but not 100% sure so wanted to put it out to you all for your thoughts/discussion :)

Cheers,

Steve

It's a private upstairs flat with the initial ecv near the front door before you go upstairs.... Does that help? The pipe between the two ecv's is in copper with compression joints and not one clip ... rises about 1.5m then horizontal about 2.5m before rising once again to the only saddle clip before secondary ECV! The property is private rented!

My quiery is, is the landlord or supplier responsible for the pipe between the ecv's? I use to do meter rellay's many moons ago and then it was "The Gas Boards" pipe! ... Just not sure who's responsible for anything after the first ecv?

Where are the suppliers meters, this is the answer to your question, if they our outside than landlord responsible if inside supplier simples

The Supplier is responsible. Should be steel if it is a communal stair.

My thoughts were that the supplier is responsible up to and including the primary meter. What's threw my grey matter is the secondary ecv? Technically this in 'controled' via the first ecv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe responsibility. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock